Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Praying Today...



As I write, I know only one thing...

that Matt and Molly are in court right now.

Actually, I know two things.

I also know that they are scared right now.

And now that I think of it, I realize I know three things.

I know that there are literally hundreds, possibly thousands, of people praying for them right now.


When I woke up this morning, the Nagels were the first thing on my mind. And as I thought about them, I wished that I had the "right words" or the perfect words to be able to say that might somehow bring them comfort, strength and peace. And then I was immediately reminded of a sweet "moment" that happened when I visited Molly and the girls last month.


As I thought about that moment, I realized that it was God Himself, speaking through the words of little Harper, who did, in fact, have not just the "right words", but the perfect words to speak to Matt and Molly today....

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." ~ Joshua 1:9

And so today they go to court. And the Lord IS with them. And He hears the many, many prayers that are being offered today... for them,

for her!


Jinny, a blog follower who has never met the Nagels personally, posted some specific prayer requests on her personal blog this morning.

They are perfect and so I want to share them with you so that you can continue to pray for the Nagels today...

and until the court decision is final.


Pray for...

•the judges' eyes and ears to be open to the true nature of Waverly's birth father.
•the judges to have supernatural wisdom and knowing.
•the Nagels' attorney to possess the words and answers ordained by our Heavenly Father.
•another miracle for the Nagel family.
•a sense of peace to surround Matt and Molly as they await the court's decision.
•God's will and perfect plan to reign supreme.
•Waverly and the future that God prepared for her even before she was conceived.
•a sense of security and love to envelope both Waverly and Harper.
•monetary provision for the enormous financial burden this battle has laid upon Matt and Molly.

Thank you Jinny for sharing those prayer requests with all of us.


And lastly, I want to thank all of you, on behalf of the Nagels, who have included them in prayer groups, bible study prayers, Sunday School prayer intentions, and who have passed their needs on to your own friends. I receive emails everyday from people who are extending the blanket of prayer that covers the Nagels today.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!


Finally...

Here are a few more people who are Praying for Waverley! It's not too late to send me your pictures... I'll keep posting them as long as you send them!

Grandma Heintzelman's teacher friends have the whole family in our hearts and prayers.
Love,
Bridget Cotter, Christine Degen and Nancy D'Angelo

Addy, Savannah, Thomas, and Joseph Bray
Olathe, Kansas

1 comment:

kelliemorgan said...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers from Illinois!