Monday, November 16, 2009

A Note from Molly...

Before I post the note from Molly, be sure to check out the "Praying for Waverley" photo post below! And after you see the pictures and read Molly's words... go get your camera and email me your picture too! Keep them coming....

From Molly
3:00 pm / November 16, 2009

"I am freaking out a little bit. I came in here to email Danielle after a good ,but busy day yesterday that just was jam packed from waking up until we fell into bed exhausted. I am full of nervous energy and my mind is racing!


I had some thoughts I thought I would email, but I decided to look at the blog first.

I could not believe the pictures!

When I saw the first one I gasped and thought, "Oh my gosh! People really sent in their pictures!" I was so excited and thought there might be one or two more. My eyes got bigger and bigger as I kept scrolling and scrolling.

I could NOT believe it!

Some of the pictures made me smile -- or laugh in the case of my awesome friends Bri and Steve -- and then I was just sitting here crying because I didn't even know so many of the people, and yet there they were with bracelets with our daughter's name on them.

Wow. What a feeling.

I am just sitting here covered in chills!

When all of this started over a year ago we used to send out mass emails to our friends and family when big things came up or when we had any new information. I literally did not believe it when people told me that they were forwarding the emails on, and that their friends or family who didn't know us would ask about us whenever they saw our friends. I thought they were just being nice or trying to let us know that people cared. I even though that perhaps they were even exaggerating a bit for our benefit.

So I have been totally overwhelmed through this blog when people that have no direct connection to Matt or I started reading the blog, or sending us money, or commenting that they were praying for us! In fact, two of the three fundraisers that were posted last week are being hosted by people I have never even met.

It just doesn't make any sense.

I wanted to tell you, on the eve of what is (hopefully, please Jesus) our last court date, that we are grateful beyond measure for your prayers and your support.

When we feel down or nervous or panicked, there is this whole blog site we can look at... it is a tangible reminder of what we have experienced all along, which is that there are some amazing people in this life, and we are so grateful to have crossed paths with you all!

I was telling my friend the other day that it really changes you to be on the receiving end of so much and know that no matter how much you want to, you will never be able to repay everyone for their kindness and generosity. I do just want you to know how deeply we are experiencing your goodness to us.

Thank you. Thank you.

Love,
Molly "

No comments: