Tuesday, March 30, 2010

trying to find our rhythm

If you have been coming to this blog as of late you might have noticed I've been a bit quiet.  We have been regrouping after coming SO VERY CLOSE to being able to say this was over and then finding out that it isn't over yet.  Each time we get the news that something has been postponed, dragged out, extended, or appealed we just need that much longer to recover from the blow.  So. We are getting there! 


I have several things I would like to comment on in the next few days so check back in if you are interested! I would like to share a couple of thoughts about these amazing fundraisers (see post below!)  and about this experience in general.  When I am upset I become a little bit withdrawn, but lately I have been talking to a newfound friend who is going through the same thing that we are.  I am also listening to some great music by The Avett Brothers right now (and eating a Watchamacallit -- but that is not super relevant) and getting fired up.  Which always makes me a lot more wordy.  When I was in high school and college I would right myself letters to cheer myself up when I was going through a tough time.  Lame, sure.  But who is better qualified to know exactly what you need to hear than yourself? And no one appreciates my sense of humor like I do! I recently remembered those old letters and it made me smile.  I might have to put that back into practice.  The point to all of this is just, come back. An actual post will be made soon.


In the meantime, I would like to share my favorite moment from yesterday.  Wave had thrown up all over herself on the way to get Harper from preschool so I had massive clean up to do while taking care of a pitiful baby and dealing with Harper while she felt like being something of a challenge yesterday. I was at the end of my rope. After dinner I had jammied Wave and was getting ready to put her to bed when I looked out the back window and was appreciating the beautiful weather.  The light in the back yard was gorgeous so I ushered the girls out to enjoy just a moment.  The girls were getting along beautifully (anything to stall bedtime, yes?) so I took a few pictures of them together.  A book that Harper loved that Wavy is totally into right now is Goodnight Gorilla.  I was lucky enough to catch them talking about it.  Please note the faces below.  They are reenacting their shared favorite part -- the zookeeper's wife turns back on the light to find the gorilla in her bed, smiling at her.  


Wave is being the wife and Harper the gorilla.  Sisters.  Oh man, I do love this life.

3 comments:

bri-bri said...

best.picture.ever. (also, have you seen the animated video of this story? the kids have it, i'll try and borrow it for the girls - it is so cute.)

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

That is ABSOLUTELY.PRECIOUS! Glad to hear you are finding your rhythm! We are thinking of trying to come to KC for the Meet & Greet... we'll see how our Miss Molly is behaving by that time :)

chris and diane said...

absolutely precious. :) there's just something about sisters. bummer about the throwup. is she doing better?