Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Caring Bridge Update: Day 3, Morning


TUESDAY, APRIL 3, 2012 7:22 AM, CDT
day three
This is Molly writing. 

I am sitting in Matt's dark hospital room waiting for the results from Matt's last CT scan. Matt's IPC which measures the pressure in his brain is at around a 41 right now. 0-20 is the normal range. Yesterday we celebrated when it had decreased to 25 after being very high. As the hours went by it got as low as 20 before starting to increase again.  

Matt's blood pressure is too low. The nurse has been trying to  manage his swelling and blood pressure by altering different medications throughout the very early morning hours.  The doctors do their rounds around 8 -- we will update again after they let us know more about what will happen today/what the plans for Matt are.

Thank you all so much for praying. I have taken comfort in the sweet comments being left.  I slept from 11 to 2:30 last night. Matt's parents and  I each took a shift sitting with him through the night. Although my shift didn't start until 4:00 I was unable to sleep longer but still feel okay this morning. I think I have your prayers to thank for that.  Harper will go to school this morning to try to keep some normalcy in place. She only knows that her daddy is in the hospital because he isn't feeling very well. I simply told her he is resting and using their medicine. I will decide what else to tell her as I know more. 

Please pray Matt's swelling would go down to the normal range. Please pray for complete healing and recovery. Please continue to ask God to perform miracles in Matt's life. 

Thank you so very, very much,
Molly

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.