Monday, November 8, 2010

The Last 10 Days

We have spent the past ten days in alternate states of numbness, shock, and grief.  We have been moved by the support we have received as we have started the countdown for the days we have left with our little girl.  From the outside we look to be in good shape.  Our family, friends, and church have prayed for us and loved us, sent us amazing notes and letters, fed us, done laundry, cleaned, done yard work, and ministered to us through their care.  Matt and I constantly wonder out loud how people go through loss without a support system like the one that we are so blessed to have.  My pantry has never looked so clean, we have never had so many clean clothes at once, and right now there is stromboli baking in my oven.  Again, on the outside my life looks prettier than it usually does.  And for that we are so thankful.  Thank you to all of you who contribute to our well being.  You do it so very well.

On the inside, we are a bit of a mess.  We know we have only this borrowed time left with sweet Wave.  I feel like I am choking every time I realize that I will not know her when she is three.  I won't try to explain my grief any more here because it seems senseless to.  Losing a child is impossible.  There aren't words.

Last week we met with our lawyer and an adoption lawyer we have received counsel from before named Martin Bauer.  This man is amazing and our meeting went better than we expected.  We will not be posting any legal information on the blog.  We just do not feel that it would be wise to do so at this point.  So while we will continue to update the blog for a time we will not include anything that is happening on the legal scene.  We did find out one bit of good news during our meeting.  The 30 day clock that we thought we were on does not start until a 20 day period where the supreme court hands a mandate back down to the district court.  So we have up to 50 days with Wavy from the ruling.  We might not have as many as that, but the 50th day is December 18th.  Custody will transfer before then.  

We don't know how to do this.  I don't know what else to say.  We are desperate for your continued prayers for a miracle.  Thank your for caring about our family and our story.

Love,
Molly {Wavybel's mom}


7 comments:

nikki said...

checking your blog often- as your family is so near to my thoughts. i am so glad the earthly body of Christ is loving you so well...praying the presence of the Holy Spirit will lavishly sustain you.
much love,
nikki

HannahM said...

Thinking of your family daily, Molly. Praying, praying, praying with you- for a miracle!

Sonya said...

I too check the blog often just wanting to hear from you even if there is no additional news. I continue to wear Wave's bracelet as a constant reminder to pray for you guys. Words are inadequate to express what we all are feeling and what we wish we could say to make things better. Mostly what we can say is that we care, we pray and we love you all very much.


Sonya

Anonymous said...

My husband and I were on our knees just a few minutes ago for you and your family! Know that we are praying for you continuously.

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

It was so good to talk to you tonight, Molly. I am still awake, unable to sleep with thoughts of you and the impending situation on my mind. I just wanted you to know that I am praying steadfastly for the miracles we spoke of this evening. My blue bracelet has returned to my wrist! Much love to you tonight, tomorrow and beyond...

Jess said...

Oh Molly, I have been praying for you and hurting for you. I spent the weekend with a friend of mine who brought home her son from Guatemala with us and also has 3 foster children in her home. We spent a lot of time talking about how we care and hurt for you and how you are constantly on our hearts to pray for. We are going to help with a meal and hopefully with the projects Rob is planning. Thank you for allowing people to love on you and your sweet family. You will forever be Wavybel's mom.

-Jessica

Jordan Reed said...

Ugh, my heart is broken for you guys! I've followed your story, albeit from a distance and usually several days behind. I ache for your family, and I will continue to pray for you--and for a miracle! Whether you realize it or not, your faith is shining through this dark moment and inspiring others, like me. God bless you for living out Philippians 4:6-7 in this time, still finding ways to give thanks in the midst of your prayers and petitions. I pray along with so many that you will experience God's mind-blowing peace, and that it will guard your hearts and minds--and will especially guard your girls--in Christ Jesus.