Friday, April 23, 2010

what wave is thankful for

Wavybel is a sweet girl with a sweet tooth.  I have mentioned before that she loves to eat.  Instead of calling for Matt or I when she wakes up in the morning she calls out, "Eat! Eat! Mommy, please -- eat!"  I thought this was a cute illustration of her personality.  I also thought we were all probably ready for something a little bit lighter!


At meals Harper is usually the one to pray.  Wave folds her hands and scrunches her eyes tight.  After Harper prays Wavy will sometimes say, "Wavy's turn" or "I do!" if she wants to pray too.  At that point she just closes her eyes again.  Very earnestly I might add! 


Two nights ago she actually prayed on her own for the first time.  As soon as Harper was done she just launched right into, "Thank you, Jesus. Amen!" It was really sweet and we cheered her on and told her what a great job she had done.


Last night I made pancakes and smoothies for dinner.  My girls LOVE pancakes.  I forgot to ask anyone to pray and a few minutes into eating Wavy really shouted out  "Thank you Jesus; dinner!  Thank you Jesus!" She was totally having a moment.  This girl is the best.  

No comments: