Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Everything Rides on Hope Now... A Note from the Nagels


A Note from Matt & Molly....


The first morning the blog was up and running, I got out of bed and checked my email. Danielle (the creator and author of this blog) had emailed me that fifty people had already been on the site since she posted it at 1:00 that morning. Someone had even made a generous donation!

I quickly went to the blog and saw that the count was at 62. I just sat there with my hands over my mouth. How could that many people care about our family by 8:00 in the morning?!

Matt and I called each other and texted excitedly all day, marveling over how many people had looked at Waverley's site... we even had followers!

Our mood could best be described as giddy!

We had to permanently install a box of Kleenex by our desk! The nicest comments you could imagine got posted on the blog. As we read them, our eyes filled with tears and we felt carried by your prayers and your support.

I saw the numbers climb exponentially...

85...

124...

I freaked out when the count was in the 600's!

Who were these people that cared about our family enough to read our story? It occurred to me that if this many people were reading our story, it was possible that same amount of people were praying to God on our family's behalf!

I felt buoyed up in hope.

999 hits!

I laid my head on the desk and listened to the first song that plays when you go to the blog...

If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours

I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm

The prayers, love, support, contributions, and offers of fundraisers from all of you feels like a huge piece of that shelter right now.

We stand in awe that both people who love us, and those that don't even know us would consider joining our journey and commit to praying for us as we continue down this uncertain road.

We are so deeply encouraged.

Knowing that you are praying for us and for Waverley is a huge gift to us.

And a gift to her!

We won't ever be able to communicate how much your support means to us. There are not words for this kind of gratitude. It is just resonating inside of us and giving us such a sense of peace and an unspeakable hope.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

We are so grateful for your continued prayers.

Please keep checking in!

Love,
Matt and Molly


*****************

An Update from Danielle...

I thought you might like to see another picture of the two sweet sisters, so here it is....

To those of you who have emailed me regarding fundraisers or bracelets, please forgive me if I have not yet responded to you. Thankfully, my Inbox has been quite full recently! I will respond to each of you personally, but in the meantime, please know that if you would like to reserve a bracelet, you can make a donation via the PayPal button on the blog. Then just email me at danielleholtzman@cox.net indicating how many you would like to reserve. I plan to have an update on the bracelets soon!

And if you have generously offered to do a fundraiser, I am THRILLED to accept your offer! I will be responding to those offers individually as well!

And to you readers... stay tuned because we have some GREAT fundraisers being planned!

From my own heart, THANK YOU to everyone who is praying for Matt & Molly, sharing their story, spreading the word, and helping to alleviate their financial burdens. It is quite amazing to watch the numbers increase and the prayers begin to be heard. I know the prayers are being heard as I witness our dear friends being filled to the brim with an overwhelming peace and immense hope!

As I've shared before, I feel confident that with the prayers and support of so many, this sweet family will stay intact!

No comments: